A woman who hoped to get a quick breakfast before heading off the work had to leave hungry after a boiled egg exploded in her face and splattered all over the kitchen table.
CCTV footage captured the moment Ms Huang had an unfortunate start of the day before she left home in Yancheng, in China’s eastern Jiangsu Province, at around 7:50 am on 3rd November.
In the video, she is seen sitting down at the dining table and taking a sip of a hot bowl of soup.
Then, as she tried to slice through a boiled egg with her spoon, it suddenly blew up, splashing yolk and soup all over the table.
Shocked Ms Huang jumped up and shouted in surprise.
After staring at the ruined breakfast for a few seconds, she picked up a napkin and wiped herself from the hot liquid that splattered over her hands.
She later shared the clip on Douyin, China’s version of TikTok, where she explained that on that day, as she was rushing to get ready for work, her family heated the boiled egg in the microwave oven.
Unaware of this, she lightly pressed the egg with the spoon, causing it to explode on the spot.
Luckily, no one was injured, and she used the opportunity to remind everyone not to microwave eggs.
One user titled ‘Xuan Zai’ commented: “Eggs cannot be heated in a microwave. My husband had eggs that exploded in his mouth and his mouth was full of bubbles.”
User ‘Mrs. Qian’ wrote: “Thankfully you poked it with a spoon. If you had put it in your mouth and it exploded, I’m afraid you wouldn’t have been able to get to work at all.”
And ‘Yangyang’ said: “This is the first time I’ve seen eggs explode.”